Significance of EPF (Employee Provident Fund Scheme)
The employees feel secure with the EPF scheme because it helps them have financial security along with stability post retirement that they deserve. Employees completing their retirement after a certain period can avail and take advantage of the EPF scheme. Along with which they can avail numerous medical benefits from ESI compliance which works as a health insurance scheme.
Process of applying for EPF
- Eligibility Check: EPF is applicable to employees working in organisations with 20 or more employees.
- Obtain UAN (Universal Account Number): UAN is a unique number provided to every EPF member and if you don't have a UAN, you can obtain it through your employer.
- Fill the EPF Application Form: Obtain the EPF application form, commonly known as Form 19, from your employer or download it from the EPFO website.
- Complete the Form: Fill out the form with accurate and up-to-date information. Ensure that you provide details such as your name, address, Aadhaar card number, bank account details and EPF account number.
- Submit the Form: Once you have filled the form; submit it to your employer. They will verify and attest the form, and then forward it to the concerned EPFO office.
- Document Submission: Along with the application form, you are required to attach certain documents such as a cancelled cheque or bank passbook copy, Aadhaar card copy, PAN card copy, and any other documents as specified by the EPFO.
- Tracking the Application: After submission, you can track the progress of your EPF withdrawal application through the EPFO website.
- Withdrawal or Transfer: If you are eligible for EPF withdrawal, once your application is processed and approved, the EPF amount will be transferred to your registered bank account.
Documents required for EPF Compliance and Registration
Mentioned below is a complete list of documents that an individual requires at the time of EPF compliance and Registration process.
- Employer’s bank account details
- PAN card
- Address proof.
- Identity proof.
- In case of cooperatives a complete list of the employees in the company mentioning their joining date, appropriate salary details, PAN card details, Aadhar card, and accurate bank account details.
- Submission of the latest electricity bill.
- Employers need to submit their property tax receipt or house rent agreement.
- COI or partnership deed in case of partnership firms.
Why consult us?
At StartUpTaxSuvidha we aim to deliver timely services with accurate results and if you choose to opt for accuracy and surety of good work within a stipulated time frame, reaching out to this platform would only make you affirm your decision more. In case of an EPF, it is advisable from our end to consult your employer or we will guide you through the details of the official EPFO website for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding the application process. A major advantage of opting StartUpTaxSuvidha is getting work done by a highly qualified professional team whose main motive is to understand and cater to the needs of the client. We will guide, assist, and let the clients understand the services, pros, cons and deliver a successful registration process. For any queries regarding EPF, contact us!